- "The Association" means the Alumni Association of the Maheshwari Public School , Jawahar Nagar,Sect.4,Jaipur.
- The Institute and/or MPSmeansMaheshwari Public School,Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur.
- The "General Body" means the General Body of the Association.
- The "Executive Committee" means the Executive Committee of the Association.
- Alumnus means an ex-student of the Institute, who has paned AISSCE from the Maheshwari Public School, Jaipur.
- "Trustees" mean trustees of a trust set up by the General Body under these rules.
- An "honorary member" means any person other than an Alumnus, who has been elected by the General Body of the Association.
- The financial year of the Association shall be reckoned every year from 1st April to 31st March of the following year.
- The Association may have Patrons as approved by the Executive Committee, provided that a patron shall be an out-standing educationist or a social worker. Such appointment being for a period of one year.
- The Chairman of the board of the Governors of Maheshwari Public School shall be an ex-officio Patron of the Alumni Association.
- Any student who successfully cleared AISSCE exam from the Maheshwari Public School,Jaipur automatically becomes a Life member of the Association from the date of issue of the Result Notification granting the said result on payment of the appropriate membership fees as described in Clause 3(c).
- Any ex-student, members of the staff or ex-member of the staff of the Institute who does not fulfill the above condition as in 3(a) but who, on the recommendation of the Executive Committee, is admitted by the Association on payment of the appropriate membership fees as prescribed in Clause 3(c).
- The membership fee in respect of all the members defined in Clause 3(a) and 3(b) would be decided by mutual discussions between the Institute and the Association from time to time. The mode of collection of the membership fees would be decided from time to time in mutual discussions between the Institute and the Association.
4) Honorary Member
The Association, in the General Body on the recommendation of the Executive Committee, may elect any person connected with the Institute or the Association, who is likely to promote the interests of the Association, as an Honorary Member for two years.
5) Membership Rights
All members and honorary members are entitled to receive all announcements etc. (as and when the usage of the internet becomes widespread, posting of such announcements on the website shall amount to their being received by the members) connected with the activities of the Association, the Alumni Newsletter, Annual Magazine and also participate in all social functions and other activities of the Association. All members will also be beneficiaries of any schemes or assistance programmes administered by the Association.
- The following shall be the authorities of the Association.
- The Chairman
- The Vice-Chairman
- The General Body
- The Executive Committee
The method of selection of the office bearers and their roles are defined in subsequent paragraphs.
The Principal of the Maheshwari Public School, Jawahar Nagar ,Jaipur will be the ex-officio Chairman of the Association. The Chairman will sanction all budgets and will exercise overall control on all policy matters of the Association. The routine activities and the general administration of plans &programmes will be supervised and co-ordinated by the President.
b) The Vice-Chairman
The Executive Committee will appoint a distinguished Alumnus, who is well known in Industry and business circles, as a Vice-Chairman. The Vice-Chairman will have no administrative responsibility but will function/serve as a Patron and Ambassador-at-large for the Alumni Association and the Institute in Professional and Business Associations and other fora where he is active. The Executive Committee, if it considers appropriate / necessary may appoint up to two such Vice-Chairmen. The Vice-Chairman will hold office for one year at a time
8) The General Body
- The General Body shall consist of all the members of the Association as defined in Clause 3(a) 3(b) and 4.
- The General Body shall consider the President's report of the past year's activities, the president-elect's budget and plan of activities for the next year, approval of accounts, election of members of the Executive Committee, appointment of auditors, legal advisors and any other matters arising from time to time.
- The General Body shall meet on the last Saturday of April unless the change is notified to the members well in advance. This meeting referred to as the Annual General Meeting shall statutorily consider the following:
i) Approval of previous year's accounts.
ii) Introduction of new office bearers.
iii) Election of the members of the Executive Committee.
iv) Appointment of Auditors.
v) Appointment of legal advisors, if any.
- The Honorary Secretary shall, upon being requested in writing by the Executive Committee or by at least 15 members of the Association, call an extraordinary meeting of the General Body for which at least 2 weeks notice along with agenda shall be circulated to all the members.
- The quorum for the General Body shall be 40 members present in person. In case the quorum is not complete, the Chairman shall adjourn the meeting and reconvene it after 30 minutes, at which time, the members present will constitute the quorum and there will be no minimum requirement.
- All the resolutions put to vote at the General Body shall be decided by a majority vote (unless otherwise provided) on a show of hands. In case of equality of votes the `Presiding Officer` shall have the casting vote.
- In case the Executive Committee is satisfied that a member/honorary member has been working against the interests of the Association/the profession it may recommend the termination of the membership of the concerned member/honorary member to the general Body which shall have the powers to do so.
- The Executive Committee shall have 21 elected members, who shall be elected to office for a 3-year term. The General Body shall elect 7 members (i.e. one-third the strength) every year to the vacated categories from amongst the membership of the Association by a majority vote as under:
i) At least one member of minimum 25 years standing.
ii) At least three members of minimum 15 years standing.
iii) At least five members of minimum 5 years standing.
iv) The remaining two members may have any seniority.
i) A member can be reelected to the Executive Committee, if he so wishes after a gap of one year.
j) The President or in his absence the Secretary shall be the returning officer for the elections.
9) The Executive Committee
- The affairs of the Association shall be managed and the funds administered by the Executive Committee which shall consist of following members:-
i) The Chairman as defined in Clause 7. a) and The Vice-Chairman as defined in clause 7. b).
ii) Twenty-one alumni to be elected by the General Body as detailed in Clause 8(h).
iii) The immediate past president, immediate past secretary, and immediate past treasurer will continue as members of the Executive Committee as defined in Clause 9a(ii) if they have not completed their 3 years term, if his/her 3 year term has been completed he/she shall relinquish office as member of the Executive Committee. They may, however, be reelected to the Executive Committee after a gap of one year.
iv) Two Senior Teachers of the Maheshwari Public School to be nominated by the Chairman shall be ex-officio members.
v) One of the General Secretaries of the students' organization for the running year to be nominated by the Students Affairs Council shall be an ex-offico member.
vi) The immediate past president if he has completed 3 years as Executive Committee member shall be ex-officio member of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall have the right to co-opt members and/or appoint sub-committees from amongst the General Body from time to time for an execution of specific assignments as required.
- Any casual vacancy amongst the members of the Executive Committee arising from death, resignation, removal or otherwise, may be filled by co-option by the Executive committee and the member so co-opted shall hold office for the balance term of the member being replaced. Such co-opted member shall be treated on par and have all the rights as enjoyed by the elected members under clause 8h(see also 10 b (ix).
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to appoint from amongst the members of the General Body or from amongst its own members, Editor and other staff for the printing and publication of Brochures, Newsletters, Annual Magazine of the Association.
- The quorum for the meeting of the Executive Committee shall be seven members personally present provided that only Committee members under Clause 9(a) (i), (ii), (iii), (v) and (vi) shall be entitled to vote in the meeting and only their presence shall be counted for the purpose of forming the quorum.
- The Executive Committee shall manage the affairs of the Association by majority vote in the Committee Meeting provided that in case of equality of votes, the President shall have the casting vote.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least four times a year. The Secretary shall issue the notice and the agenda of the meeting at least a week before the date fixed for the meeting. However, in case of urgent business, the meeting may be called at shorter notice.
- The Executive Committee shall be Executive Authority of the Association. It shall be responsible for all the finances and funds of the Association and shall give effect to the plans and programmes of the Association and shall have the authority to carry them out.
- The property, movable, and immovable, belonging to the Association, shall be vested with the Executive Committee.
- On or before the Fourteenth Day succeeding the day on which the Annual General Meeting of the General Body is held, a list shall be filled with the Registrar of Societies Delhi of the names, address and occupations of the members of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee may terminate the membership of any of its members, in case he fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the said Committee without the grant of leave of absence. However, the President may grant leave of absence to any member.
10) The Office Bearers
- All Office Bearers, except the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman who are appointed to their office as defined in clause 7. a) and 7. b) and will be ex-officio members of the Executive Committee, shall be elected as detailed in Clause 10(b) below for a period of one year. However, a person may be re-elected and hold the same office up to a maximum of 3 consecutive years.
- The Elected Office Bearers of the Executive
Committee shall be:
The President: shall be elected by majority vote of the members under category 9a(ii). He shall be an alumnus of at least 15 years standing.
Secretary: shall be elected by majority vote of the members under category 9a(ii). He shall be an alumnus of at least 10 years standing and should have been a member of the Executive Committee of any time before the election.
Treasurer: shall be elected by majority vote of members under category 9a(ii). He shall be an alumnus of at least 7 years standing.
Joint Secretary: shall be elected by majority vote of members under category 9a(ii). He shall be an alumnus of at least 5 years standing.
Before the Annual General Meeting the Executive
Committee shall elect the office bearers for the next year from among its members under category 9a(ii) who are not to retire. The President will introduce the new office bearers of the Alumni Association to the General Body
The Secretary shall perform the following duties:
- To keep the Minutes of all meetings of the General Body and the Executive Committee.
- To carry out the directions of the General Body and the Executive Committee.
- To conduct correspondence on behalf of the Association.
- To give notice of all meetings of the General Body and the Executive Committee.
- To exercise administrative control over the Central office of the Association.
The Secretary shall seek the advice of the President in case a clarification of any kind is required.
In the absence of the Secretary, the Jt. Secretary shall perform the functions of the Secretary.
The Chairman and in his absence the Vice Chairman or the President shall preside over the meeting of the Executive Committee and any General Body Meeting of the Association.
(ix) If a vacancy arises in the office of the President/Secretary/Treasurer, the Executive Committee shall elect a new President/Secretary/Treasurer from amongst its own members who will hold office till the next General Body Meeting.
(x) The Treasurer shall keep the books of accounts of the Association and report on these at each meeting of the Executive Committee. He will collect all dues and claims on behalf of the Association and will also assist the President in ensuring that budgetary grants are correctly utilized (See 11 (b) below). In addition, he will liaise with the bankers and the Auditors of the Association. He will be provided clerical assistance etc. by the Central office of the Association.
The President or in his absence the Secretary shall be the returning officer for the Executive Committee elections.